The Gentry Farm has been owned by Rebecca Gentry's family for over 150 years.
Samuel Fielding Glass began buying land in Williamson County in 1849. In just a few years his farm spanned over 1000 acres. Early receipts tell us he was a farmer of cotton and raised dairy cows, as well as running a hat factory in Franklin. From the early 1900's the family lived in town and rented the farm and the main house to tenant farmers. The Gentrys moved back to the farm in 1975 and today three families live on the almost 400 acre farm.