Cragfont, located in Castalian Springs, Sumner County, Tennessee, was the home of James Winchester. Construction was started in 1798 and completed in 1802 by artisans from his home state of Maryland. Cragfont is listed with the National Register of Historic Places and is open to the public. It is owned by the State of Tennessee and administered in partnership with the Tennessee Historical Commission by the non-profit group Friends of Cragfont. Winchester served as a Brigadier General in the War of 1812. He is also credited with founding the city of Memphis, Tennessee along with Andrew Jackson and Judge John Overton. Winchester is buried in the family plot behind the house.